As the scope of making any significant profit during this period of crisis is unlikely to happen, the lockdown is eating into advertising revenues. Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) has requested the government for support to ensure the business continuity. The Indian Newspaper Society has also asked for assistance from the government to help the newspaper industry working. With various approaches introduced like two-year tax holiday, removal of all import duty on newsprint, use of GST credits as well as relaxation in tax deducted at source (TDS) obligations, everyone is trying to do the best for the business. If measures for the same are ignored, it may lead to a drastic effect on the entire business and the jobs of people included in it.
However, Readwhere Ad Exchange is thankful to all the associated publishers for their cooperation in this tough time. Being partners in business, we at RWADX always want to be a part of the challenging time and help you make the right decisions because your business is our responsibility too.
Here is some news for publishers which may bring a sense of relief amidst this hour of crisis. Journalism Emergency Relief Fund is an initiative by Google to provide a helping hand to the small and medium-sized news organizations. Aiming at providing support to the production of original journalism, this initiative can help in coping up with the financial crisis in the bid of the pandemic.
RWADX is associated as a Google Certified Publishing Partner for the betterment of their business and advertising industry. We work together so that we all can progress together. RWADX encourages you to apply for this program and also assure that we are with you to provide full support in this hour.
Here is everything you need to know about the Journalism Emergency Relief Fund
- This initiative is operating globally. It will provide an easily accessible route to financial assistance at this critical time.
- The emergency Relief Fund is open to small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for local communities. Applicants having a digital presence and have been in operation for at least 12 months will be considered.
- Applications window remains open from Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 till April 29th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT. It may be extended or shortened at Google’s discretion.
- You need to fill the online application form to provide basic information about your publication and overall organization (if applicable) and notify on how funds will be spent.
- Organizations registered in the geographies of Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America are eligible for this program. Click here to view the complete regions eligible for the listed geographies.
- Funds ranging from low thousands for small hyper-local newsrooms to low tens of thousands for larger newsrooms will be distributed in one installment in US dollars or Euros.
- Teams of Google staff with knowledge and experience in digital publishing and journalism will take care of the initial selection process.
- Each publication may submit one application. However, multiple applications from different publications/titles within the same company/publishing group are eligible.
For detailed information regarding the Journalism Relief Fund, please click here.
It is the prime responsibility of RWADX to fight this situation together with all our clients and partners and work together to make a better future for all of us. Please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries or support required to fill in the application form.
Important Note: Mediology Software or RWADX have no bearing on the grant of the funds to your organization. That decision will be taken by Google staff who have knowledge and experience in digital publishing and journalism in India.