With the fast-growing app development landscape, developers are constantly hunting for frameworks or toolkits to facilitate their jobs while keeping the cost to a minimum. In 2022, a vast number of cross platforms have paved their way in the market, which translates to more options for businesses looking for the best mobile cross-platform framework to grow their business. In this blog, you will get to know about the top three cross-platform app development frameworks for the year 2022 but before we dive into it, let’s first understand a bit of them.
What is a cross-platform app development framework?
In simple words, a cross-platform app development framework is a set of tools that allows you to build native or native-like applications from a single codebase for multiple platforms, including Windows, iOS, Android, and the Web. This allows you to reach a larger target audience at a lower cost, making it the best option for small and medium-sized enterprises.
Best Cross Platform Development Frameworks in 2022
Several cross-platform application development frameworks are available nowadays, making it challenging to select the right platform for your individual business requirements. Some of the best cross-platform framework options to be used this year are listed below.
- React Native
- Since it focuses primarily on UI, you can expect a highly adaptable interface.
- Instant refresh allows the mobile app development services providers to view code changes within a few seconds.
- A wide range of APIs and modules saves considerable development time.
- Launching new updates can be a challenge due to meagre support.
- The React Native apps are not very well optimised for processing speed and memory use.
This particular framework can check compile-time errors, reducing the number of runtime errors. The native-like controls of Xamarin make it suitable for developing native apps. It integrates with Visual Studio and allows developers to create amazing Windows, Android, and iOS applications.
- Developers can exchange 90% of the code between various platforms.
- The platform-specific UI elements are an added advantage. It will look the same regardless of the OS you select.
- Native libraries and platform APIs can be connected via Xamarin.
- Xamarin applications are heavier than those developed for iOS and Android.
- It isn’t easy to use high-quality graphics due to its heavy build.
Flutter is an open-source UI software development kit by Google for developing natively compiled and multi-platforms applications from a single codebase. It is often used by the best cross platform app development company to develop cross-platform applications for Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, the Web and Google Fuchsia.
- Developers can almost instantly see the changes after updating the code.
- You can control every pixel to create adaptive and customised designs that look and feel great on any screen.
- Flutter doesn’t function well on a 32-bit laptop.
- When developing an app that uses both iOS and Android, you don’t get the same options for third-party SDKs.
If you have been looking for affordable, simple, and quick app development, then go for cross-platform app development frameworks. They are easier to develop, maintain and re-use, thus boosting the readability of your code while allowing you to use several platforms.
Lastly, it doesn’t follow a one-size-fits-all approach. Your selection heavily relies on app requirements, budget, and business objectives. It is always better to consult with a smartphone app development company to simplify the selection process.